Sunday, September 03, 2006

"Oh No! We've Got Homepage Update Sign!"


Being a longtime fan of MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000) , I had a lot of fun when I read this MST3K-style "riff" of the infamous story THE EYE OF ARGON:

MSTing The Eye Of Argon

And to be honest, I'm a bit behind in my fiction-writing schedule. So in the spirit of my favorite TV comedy series, and in a desperate attempt to stall for time, I have made a MST3K-style "riff" on my own novel DARC AGES.

Snide comments and cheap jokes are inserted into the novel, as if some smartass was commenting on the story while you read. Without further ado, I give you...

The MSTing of DARC AGES

If you appreciate this kind of humor, and want me to continue the "MSTing" of DARC AGES, please drop me a note. :)

2 comments:

Kiss N Tell said...

Having read the short part you presented I must say I really liked the style. It's fun having a co-reader that makes the story comedic, but my concern is that it would easily turn from fun to enoying being used too much or for too long. Once you as a reader gets involved in the "real story" you want to be able to focus on it without some smartass commenting every second line.

A.R.Yngve said...

I see your point.

Now, I will probably add a few more "MSTed" installments -- it was so much fun sending up one's own stuff -- but in any case the original text is still available separately, without comments, for those who want to read the "real story":

http://yngve.bravehost.com/darcages00.html

An educational side-effect of MSTing your writings, is that you learn to recognize where the writing is weak. Weak style, bad grammar or a clumsy choice of words are extremely vulnerable to MSTing. :)